FOGSI Intensive Preparatory Course for Postgraduate Examinations
Date: 19th January 2011
Sub: FOGSI Intensive Preparatory Course for Postgraduate Examinations
Dear Sir / Madam,
It is our pleasure to announce that the Federation of Obstetric and Gynecological Societies of India (FOGSI) will be organizing the FOGSI Intensive Preparatory Course for Postgraduate Examinations at various locations across the country.
As the President and Secretary of your local society, we would like to invite you to send in your applications as soon as possible to be able to host this course. Societies with a large postgraduate student base are strongly encouraged to apply for the course.
Tentative three day program copy is sent herewith.
- The aim of the course is to allow postgraduates to sharpen their exam skills. They should participate freely and drive the discussion.
- The emphasis is on discussion, interaction and exam based learning. Didactic lectures should be kept to a minimum.
- A pool of at least ten exam going postgraduate students should be prepared locally.
- Each session should be assigned to one or two postgraduate students and two or three faculty members (examiners).
- Two national faculty members will be assigned per course. The national faculty will generally be a postgraduate teacher with experience in conducting postgraduate examinations.
- At least eight local faculty members should participate in the program so that students are exposed to a variety of examination styles and processes.
For case sessions:
- 40 min – case presentation, discussion and questions
- 10 min – PowerPoint by the faculty highlighting the salient points (not more than 10 slides)
- 10 min – questions from the audience
For Viva sessions:
- No PowerPoint presentations except those illustrating the questions
This course is being held with an educational grant from Sun Pharmaceuticals – Spectra Division. Each course has been allotted a maximum budget of Rs 100000 (Rupees One Lakh Only). This amount will be allocated to your society on the application for the course being accepted. All expenses will be met from this amount including:
- Travel and stay of national faculty member
- Rental for auditorium
- Lunch, refreshments for faculty members and students (approximately 150 per course)
- Audiovisual charges
- Other incidentals
Students will not be charged course fees. Sponsorships and stalls from other pharmaceutical or health care related companies will not be permissible at the venue on the days of the course.
The application to hold the course is expected to reach us by 15 February 2012. Please co-operate with this deadline.
Communication and submission guidelines:
Please communicate your acceptance by sending an email. You may contact the course team for clarifications on firstname.lastname@example.org This address may be used for applications as well.
With sincere thanks from the FOGSI postgraduate course 2012 team,
|Dr P K Shah
President, FOGSI 2012
|Dr Mandakini Parihar
Vice President, FOGSI 2012
|Dr Laxmi Shrikhande
Vice President, FOGSI 2012
|Dr Ashish Kumar Mukhopadhyay
Convenor, FOGSI PG Course 2012
Dr Parikshit Tank